1. Log into CPanel
2. Click MySQL Databases
3. Scroll down to "Add New User" and fill in the details under it and click "create user"
4. Scroll down to "Add User To Database" and choose the database and user in the drop down options and click "add"
5. Choose "all privileges" on the "manage user privledges" screen that will pop up and click"make changes".
6. Now in your script find the configuration file. For wordpress it is in the main folder and called: wp-config.php
7. Now just add the new user and password in the config file.
Here is an example of the user and password to changed to the new user you just added.
define('DB_USER', 'USERNAME_WP5'); // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD'); // ...and password
In this example you would replace USERNAME_WP5 and PASSWORD with the new one you just created.
We are happy to do this for you, just add a ticket with the location of your config file and we will do the rest.
Most databases are fine, this only effects databases that created a user several years ago and have never added a new one since the upgrade.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016