Setting auto updates for your WordPress won't just save you time and effort. It will assure your WordPress stays secure and running it's best. WordPress has to stay updated to be safe. If you have a theme or plugin that won't allow you to stay updated, you need to replace it. If WordPress is not updated, it will be hacked. We suggest updating it at least once a month. For example; Web Host Pro on the 5th of each month, goes through all of our WordPress sites to make sure they are all updated.
To set auto updates you just need to follow these steps:
- Log into the website's cPanel. We have a video here if you are not sure: https://webhostpros.com/
- Click WordPress in the Apps Installer section.
- Now click the pencil to the right on the WordPress current installation line.
- Now click the three boxes next to: Upgrade to any latest version available (Major as well as Minor), Auto Upgrade WordPress Plugins, and Auto Upgrade WordPress Themes.
- While you're here, make sure the URL for your WordPress uses the https:// and not just http://
- You can also use the buttons to upgrade your themes and plugins here.
- Now click Save Installation Instructions and you're all set!
Not sit back and enjoy knowing your WordPress will stay safe and running it's best on it's own.