Here is a few website marketing tips to get you started.
- Try speaking to the press and bloggers about your product. They can be a great source of referral traffic when they publish a post or article with a link.
- Ask your fans, clients, or business partners to put a link to your site on theirs.
- Register your website in relevant directories and listings.
- Look at the main referrals of your competitors to get some ideas of websites you could be engaging with. To do this, add parentheses on either side of your competitor's domain in Google like so "competitor.com" it will show who is linking to their site.
- Make your site SEO-friendly to make sure it's indexed by search engines. Keep your website structure simple, clean and coherent for crawlers to index and rank pages.
- Find out which are the Top 100 Search Engines on the internet and submit to them.
- Think about the keywords you would like to rank for, than use those throughout your site, including content, titles, and META tags.
- To choose the right keywords, simply put yourself in the shoes of your customer and think of what you would type if you were looking for your product.
1 There are many Social Networks to add your business too, the more the better.
2 Facebook and Twitter are very popular networks but if you can look for alternatives that might be more relevant to your content (e.g. LinkedIn might be more effective for professional services).
3 If you don’t have your own social pages you can still make sure your site content is shared across social networks by adding social buttons on your site.
4 Work hard and be patient: unless you are are a celebrity, it will take time for your social networks to grow. Make sure you invest time and effort keeping it up to date with exciting news and content.
More places to market your site at:
- Want ads
- Document sharing
- Billboard /Posters
- Mobile ad
- Signs in stores
- Pay Per Click
- Word to mouth
- Trade shows
- Referral programs
- Professional associations
- Chamber of Commerce
- Event calenders
- Business publications
- Government agencies
- Direct mail
- Start up sites like: Techcrunch and Killer start ups.
- Schools (You can pay students to pin flyers for you)
Popular Business Directories to add your business too.
- Biz Faves
- Google Places
- Bing Places
- Yellow Pages
- Super pages
- Merchant Circle
- Show me local
- Map quest
Other helpful websites: