Turnkey video chat solutions
Turnkey video chat solutions can be used to build pay per minute (PPM) and tips video chat sites. Most video chat solutions can host remote paid video chat services from various types of providers including performers, adult models, consultants, teachers, personal trainers, tutors, therapists, mediums, tarot readers, spiritual healers, psychic readers, astrologists, herbalists, lawyers, financial / tax / legal advisors, technicians or other professionals that can provide remote assistance, interventions, shows and services.
Video Chat Components
HTTP Web Hosting
Recommended: CPanel based web hosting with suPHP enabled.
- HTTPS - Certain browsers like Chrome require using HTTPS (and a SSL certificate) for enabling webcam publishing.
- PHP (The PHP implementation is simple so it can be migrated to other scripting languages like ASP or JSP).
Provided php sample scripts require these default php settings:
- error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT (on PHP 5.4+)
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE (on PHP 5.3 or less)
- short_open_tag On
- safe mode Off (if using older php, as function is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4)
- open_basedir restrictions should allow accessing CMS configuration and libraries (depending on integration)
- scripts require write permissions on certain files and folders (to store snapshots, chat logs, sessions) depending on edition
- MySQL (not required for the php only stand alone simple integration, strict mode must be disabled)
- FFMPEG (required only for video conversions and transcoding, with Flash and HTML5 codecs including H264, NellyMoser, Speex, AAC). FFMPEG2THEORA is also required on some recorder integrations.
- Document conversion tools (required only for setups that involve importing PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS, like Video Consultation slide import):
safe_mode = off
upload_max_filesize = 100M
post_max_size = 100M
max_execution_time = 1500
session.gc_maxlifetime = 14000
safe_mode = off
Apache mod_rewrite Enabled
These can all be modified
Red5 is available on select dedicated servers, Red5 will stream Adobe Flash Server files as well.
About Red5: Red5 Media Server 1.0 delivers a powerful video streaming and multi-user solution to the Adobe Flash Player and other exciting client technologies.
Based on Java and some of the most powerful open source frameworks, Red5 stands as a solid solution for business of all sizes including the enterprise.